Monday, August 22, 2011

A short break from Chinese cuisine.


Yes, yes I know I'm in China, but there are so many good restaurants in Chengdu. Jessica, Angie, and I went to Cacaja on Friday evening to have some Indian food. It was delicious! We had vegetable curry, palak paneer, and chicken biryani with beer, naan, and all the extras for less than $20 total. I can't wait to go back!

Afterwards, we had a tough time getting home when the cab driver tried to drop us off at an unfamiliar and seemingly scary location. Since our Mandarin is severely limited at this point, we just yelled "no" and refused to get out of the car. After several minutes, Jessica looked ahead and on the opposite side of the street, then realizing we were actually home.  Ooops! I'm sure we scared the poor guy into never picking up another foreigner. Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment